Bullying and harassment is an increasingly common workplace grievance. Aside from the stress and anxiety, ACAS recently reported that the UK economy-wide impact of bullying-related absenteeism, turnover and lost productivity was estimated at £13.75 billion. This course will guide you on how to deal with bullying and harassment in the workplace, and the role of grievance procedures in resolving workplace disputes.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify how harassment and bullying are defined
- Recognise the many forms covert and overt harassment and bullying can take at work
- Identify how the law deals with incidents of harassment and bullying and the responsibilities of the organisation and persons involved
- Use the organisation's grievance procedures effectively to offer support and/or resolve workplace disputes
- Identify ways you can make you workplace free from harassment and bullying
This course will include the following:
- How harassment and bullying is defined
- How to effectively manage complaints of bullying and harassment informally and formally
- Managing emotions in cases of bullying and harassment
- Handling the process when an allegation of bullying or harassment is made
- The difference between bullying and harassment
- The legal position and the employer’s duty of care
- What constitutes inappropriate workplace behaviours
We will provide you with our bang-up-to-date template pack. Prepared by the experts from Loates HR Training & Loates HR Consultancy, these fully editable Microsoft Office documents will save you hours of research and typing pain once you return to your workplace:
- Bullying and harassment policy
- Grievance policy
- Witness statement template
- Agenda for conducting a grievance hearing
- Grievance outcome letter template
Upcoming Open Courses
We don’t currently have any public open sessions scheduled for this course, so please contact us to discuss bespoke options.
We can also deliver this course on-demand should you wish us to run a session reserved entirely for your company. For such dedicated sessions we offer flexible delivery location, minor content customisation, and discounted delegate rates. Alternatively we can combine content from this course with that from others to create a hybrid course, or design an entirely bespoke course to suit the needs of your company. We can also provide programmes of multiple courses. Please contact us if you'd like to discuss any of these options.