There has recently been much media coverage concerning both sexual harassment both in and outside of the workplace. This course will show you the practical steps that can be taken to ensure a business culture that rejects sexual harassment and victimisation, and so lays the groundwork to tackle behavioural issues which may underpin discrimination.
Our practical and highly interactive workshop focuses on what to do, as opposed to what not to do, with a specific focus on developing the skills required to challenge inappropriate workplace behaviours in a non-threatening and non-judgemental manner.
This course covers:
- Understanding sexual harassment and victimisation
- understanding what is and is not acceptable behaviour in the workplace
- Navigating work-related events and understand employer’s vicarious liability
- Dealing with online sexual harassment and social media
- Managing a complaint of sexual harassment or sexual assault
- Giving and receiving constructive feedback about inappropriate behaviour in the workplace
- Listening to complaints of sexual harassment without being dismissive
- Openly discussing inappropriate sexual behaviours
- Disrupting or intervening appropriately when sexual harassment is in progress