Most employers think recruitment is pretty straightforward, but did you know from the advertisement, to the job description and the arrangements for interview there are many pitfalls where the employer can trip up. We distil the best practice guidance from the Employment Code of Practice and practical tips of what to do and not what to do to recruit within the law.
- to develop understanding and ability to manage the recruitment process
- understand best practice recruitment processes from the identification of a vacancy through to the appointment of the successful candidate
- recruit within the law and understand discrimination
- successfully shortlist as part of the selection process
- is it OK to ask? Questions to ask and not to ask during an interview
- structuring interview questions to spot talent
- the importance of record keeping, how and when interview notes can be requested