Two full days of training, including lunch and document pack
“Reducing stress and mental ill health in the workplace improves organisational health, the health of individual employees and the financial bottom line.”
Accredited by Mental Health First Aid England this course is delivered over 2 days and will provide you will the knowledge and skills to confidently support mental health in the workplace.
Open course dates
- MHF-190911 : Mental Health First Aider Wednesday 11th September, 2019
Company specific courses
We can also deliver this course on-demand should you wish us to run a session reserved entirely for your company. For such dedicated sessions we offer flexible delivery location, minor content customisation, and discounted delegate rates. Alternatively we can combine content from this course with that from others to create a hybrid course, or design an entirely bespoke course to suit the needs of your company. We can also provide programmes of multiple courses. Please contact us if you'd like to discuss any of these options.
A practical skills awareness course designed to give you:
- A deeper understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect people’s wellbeing, including your own
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgement listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to appropriate support
Don’t just take our word for it, see what previous delegates had to say about this course:
A highly informative and interesting course, delivered sensitively yet entertainingly by Amanda Jackson. I now feel way more equipped to deal with mental health issues both in my personal and professional life. A hugely beneficial two days – thank you.
The MHFA Two Day course is superb. Loates trainer Amanda delivered the course in a relaxed and enjoyable manner, engaging everybody and making difficult subjects very easy to discuss and learn about. The practical exercises were actually fun but with a serious point, the Hearing Voices one really brought home to me how some people suffer. The course covers depression and anxiety, suicide, psychosis and gives you a framework to use to help people. The course book is huge, well produced and contains more detailed information than you need for the course, you take it away and dip in it at your leisure. Loates training rooms allowed for small group work and large discussions with large screen and good sound.
This course opened my eyes to what people go through, and that many people are affected. Everyone was open which added to the learning atmosphere. I recommend this course to everyone, all levels and all roles. The more we talk, the stronger we all are.
INCLUDES document pack
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
- A certificate of attendance to say you are a Mental Health First Aider