FREE: HR in a Day for Super Busy Managers
Tuesday 26th February, 09:00 - 16:30
Perfect for the time poor manager, the highly interactive HR in a day equips busy line managers with the HR basics, to navigate the pitfalls across the employee lifecycle.
The workshop will minimise the pain of managing challenging employees and provide practical tools.
If you are tendering for large projects we will also cover the HR basics, that as a minimum you should have in place to support completion of your PQQ.
Dip in or dip out, delegates can attend either the morning or afternoon session. Or the full day if they want to eat the HR elephant in one go.
This workshop is intended for business owners, supervisors, and middle managers.
This FREE workshop is restricted to delegates from companies meeting the following criteria:
- Under 250 employees
- Turnover not exceeding €50 million
- Trading office located in the D2N2 LEP area
- Part of the Planes, Trains, and Automobiles Supply Chain
Unfortunately Statutory Provision or Under 18’s are not eligible.
This programme is limited to a maximum 12 delegates, and based on previous demand we anticipate demand will be high.
- Session 1 (9.00am Registration, 9.30am until 12.30pm
- recruit within the law, discrimination and GDPR how not to fall foul
- which contract to use? Understanding employment status and why it matters
- getting the basics right, which policies and why
- avoiding induction crisis, best practice induction
- Lunch (a light lunch will be provided between 12.30pm and 1.30pm)
- Session 2 (1.00pm Registration, 1.30pm until 4.30pm)
- managing employees during the probationary period
- dealing confidently with difficult conversations
- dismissing an employee with less than 2 years’ service
Who We Are
Enscite is a three-year collaboration between the University of Derby, Aston University and Derby City Council to support businesses in the planes, trains and automobile sectors to improve their productivity to facilitate growth and competitive advantage. It is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).