From only £149 : Full day of training, including lunch, template document pack, and optional post-course HR support
Dismissing an employee strikes dread into most employer’s hearts. Easy to get wrong, with unpleasant consequences and lengthy litigation if the employee makes a claim for unfair dismissal.
Open course dates
- DDT-190417 : Disciplinaries, Dismissals, and Tribunals Wednesday 17th April, 2019
Company specific courses
We can also deliver this course on-demand should you wish us to run a session reserved entirely for your company. For such dedicated sessions we offer flexible delivery location, minor content customisation, and discounted delegate rates. Alternatively we can combine content from this course with that from others to create a hybrid course, or design an entirely bespoke course to suit the needs of your company. We can also provide programmes of multiple courses. Please contact us if you'd like to discuss any of these options.
This course guides you how to:
- Manage probationary period and dismissals for employees with less than 2 years’ service
- Prepare for and chair a disciplinary hearing, during the workshop you will participate in a mock hearing and you will decide the outcome based on the evidence
- Deal with difficult witnesses and uncooperative employees
- What to do if the employee is signed off sick during the disciplinary process
- How to deal with an Employment Tribunal claim and manage the ACAS early conciliation process
INCLUDES document template pack
Slash the time taken by your everyday HR tasks and guard against the risk of poorly drafted documents by using our bang-up-to-date template pack. Prepared by the experts from LoatesHR, these fully editable Word document files will save you hours of research and typing pain.
- Probationary period / less than 2 years’ service dismissal letter
- Investigation report template
- Suspension letter
- Invitation to disciplinary hearing letter
- Outcome of disciplinary hearing letter
“The training was brilliant – took away a lot of information. Tell Sarah she scored 5 star all areas – polite, professional, knowledgeable and I wouldn’t change a thing
“The training was a mixture of learning material, case studies and example activities .
I found this course very helpful for my day to day duties within my role, it gave me a better understanding of how to approach and deal with any such issues which may arise in the workplace and has given me the confidence to handle them efficiently.
Sarah Loates (the course trainer) gave us as a group opportunity to ask questions, share experiences and gave sound advice on the course topic.
I would certainly recommend Loates to others.