From only £149 : Full day of training, including lunch, template document pack, and optional post-course HR support
Bullying and harassment is an increasingly common workplace grievance. Aside from the stress and anxiety, ACAS recently reported that the UK economy-wide impact of bullying-related absenteeism, turnover and lost productivity was estimated at £13.75 billion. This course will guide you on how to deal with bullying and harassment in the workplace, and the role of grievance procedures in resolving workplace disputes.
Open course dates
- BHG-190409 : Bullying, Harassment, and Grievances Tuesday 9th April, 2019
Company specific courses
We can also deliver this course on-demand should you wish us to run a session reserved entirely for your company. For such dedicated sessions we offer flexible delivery location, minor content customisation, and discounted delegate rates. Alternatively we can combine content from this course with that from others to create a hybrid course, or design an entirely bespoke course to suit the needs of your company. We can also provide programmes of multiple courses. Please contact us if you'd like to discuss any of these options.
The course covers:
- The law and liability – the legal position and who is liable for discrimination and harassment in the workplace
- The difference between bullying and harassment
- What constitutes inappropriate workplace behaviours
- How to manage complaints of bullying and harassment informally and formally
- Manage emotions in cases of bullying and harassment
- How to chair a grievance hearing
- Deal with disruptive witnesses and employees
- Communicate the outcome of a grievance hearing
We will work through case studies based on real-life examples to help you make the right decisions in these difficult situations.
INCLUDES document template pack
Slash the time taken by your everyday HR tasks and guard against the risk of poorly drafted documents by using our bang-up-to-date template pack. Prepared by the experts from LoatesHR, these fully editable Word document files will save you hours of research and typing pain.
- Bullying and harassment policy
- Grievance policy
- Witness statement template
- Agenda for conducting a grievance hearing
- Grievance outcome letter template