From only £149 : Full day of training, including lunch, template document pack, and optional post-course HR support
Estimated to annually cost £554.00 per employee, absence is a cost to the business. Business owners and line managers are increasingly having to deal with more complex cases.
This highly practical course covers many aspects of absence and deals with some of the more complex scenarios and how to manage dismissals fairly on the grounds of capability.
Open course dates
- AWOL, Absence, and Capability Dismissals Thursday 13th December, 2018
- AAC-190129 : AWOL, Absence, and Capability Dismissals Tuesday 29th January, 2019
- AAC-190314 : AWOL, Absence, and Capability Dismissals Thursday 14th March, 2019
- AAC-190404 : AWOL, Absence, and Capability Dismissals Thursday 4th April, 2019
Company specific courses
We can also deliver this course on-demand should you wish us to run a session reserved entirely for your company. For such dedicated sessions we offer flexible delivery location, minor content customisation, and discounted delegate rates. Alternatively we can combine content from this course with that from others to create a hybrid course, or design an entirely bespoke course to suit the needs of your company. We can also provide programmes of multiple courses. Please contact us if you'd like to discuss any of these options.
We will discuss:
- How to manage employees who are absent without leave (AWOL)
- What a statement of fitness for work is and what the employer can and can’t do
- How to communicate with and respond to staff who are absent from work
- Access to medical records and how to deal with a request
- How to achieve focussed medical reports including what to ask the medical professionals
- How to hold a capability meeting and how to conduct it
- Dismissing an employee due to long term and / or short term absence
- How to deal with stress, anxiety and depression related absences
- How to manage disability related absences and consider reasonable adjustments
We will work through case studies based on real-life examples to help you make the right decisions in these difficult situations
INCLUDES document template pack
Slash the time taken by your everyday HR tasks and guard against the risk of poorly drafted documents by using our bang-up-to-date template pack. Prepared by the experts from LoatesHR, these fully editable Word document files will save you hours of research and typing pain.
- Attendance management policy
- Performance improvement plan
- Access to medical records consent form
- Letter to GP / Occupational Health requesting medical report