We are facing a mental health crisis with the worsening of pre-existing conditions to the development of new mental health issues as we experience the effects of COVID-19. With 1 in 4 of the UK workforce having been diagnosed with a mental health condition it’s important workplaces are safe and supportive environments.
Do you know what signs to look out for when people are suffering from a mental health problem?
Do you know what to say or do to help someone?
Do you know what support is available in your local area?
Our Supporting Wellbeing Within the Workplace workshop will enable you to recognise the triggers and signs of mental health issues to support your employees post COVID-19 and beyond.
This session is aimed at business owners and line managers who want to be able to recognise when someone might be struggling and be able to step in and offer help and support.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the factors that can affect mental health and wellbeing
- Spot the triggers and signs of a range of mental health issues
- Confidently step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Help signpost someone to further support
This course will include the following:
- A basic understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect people’s wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to appropriate support
- Simple wellbeing strategies within the workplace
We will provide you with our bang-up-to-date template pack. Prepared by the experts from Loates HR Consultancy, these fully editable Word document files will save you hours of research and typing pain.
- Supporting Wellbeing Within the Workplace presentation slides
- Supporting wellbeing in the workplace hints and tips
- Wellbeing policy
Our experienced HR Consultants can work with you to plan and implement your wellbeing strategy as well as discuss training Mental Health First Aiders for your business. Please contact us to discuss these additional services.
Upcoming Open Courses
- Friday 28th August, 2020Supporting Wellbeing in the Workplace
We can also deliver this course on-demand should you wish us to run a session reserved entirely for your company. For such dedicated sessions we offer flexible delivery location, minor content customisation, and discounted delegate rates. Alternatively we can combine content from this course with that from others to create a hybrid course, or design an entirely bespoke course to suit the needs of your company. We can also provide programmes of multiple courses. Please contact us if you'd like to discuss any of these options.