Accredited by Mental Health First Aid England this course is delivered over 2 days and will provide you will the knowledge and skills to confidently support mental health in the workplace and effectively guide a person towards the right mental health support.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the factors that can affect mental health and wellbeing
- Spot the triggers and signs of a range of mental health issues
- Confidently step in, reassure and support a person in distress using the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Use listening and questioning skills to fully understand the person’s position
- Help signpost someone to further support
- Recognise how to keep themselves safe while performing their duties
This course will include the following:
- A deeper understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect people’s wellbeing, including your own
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgement listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to appropriate support
- An understanding of how to keep yourself safe while performing your duties
We will provide you with:
- A certificate of attendance to say you are a Mental Health First Aider
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
- A copy of the Line Managers' Resource, an invaluable source of advice on how to support an employee experiencing mental ill health
Don’t just take our word for it, see what previous delegates had to say about this course:
Mental Health First Aid Training
A highly informative and interesting course, delivered sensitively yet entertainingly by Amanda Jackson. I now feel way more equipped to deal with mental health issues both in my personal and professional life. A hugely beneficial two days – thank you.
I had a very friendly and welcoming atmosphere when I attended the mental health first aid course. The lunch was wonderful and tea and coffee was always available. I would recommend Loates HR Training every time for your training needs.
High Quality Professional Training
I attended the Mental Health First Aid course held by Loates HR Training last week, I was impressed by the quality of training Amanda delivered, the course content was excellent and the reference material we took away was of a very high standard.
The venue was perfect the room was well ventilated and roomy and all the IT worked first time! Result!
I would also like to mention Loates’ team – they welcomed us and kept us well fed and watered throughout the course, they were professional courteous and delightful.
i would have no issue recommending this excellent HR consultancy for any training needs
Mental Health First Aid training; a great investment.
I recently attended the 2-day Mental Health First Aid training at Loates HR Training and am really pleased I did. Sometimes it’s hard to allow yourself two days ‘off work’ and invest in your own development, but I’m glad I did. Apart from increasing my knowledge about mental health, the training has given me the confidence to approach staff about mental health, the focus to further invest in mental health awareness and – as a great bonus – the importance of self-care was a great reminder.
P.S. The training room in Loates’ new facility in Darley Mills is fantastic too – onsite parking and a stroll in the park at break time.
Loates HR Training have fantastic offices in Darley Abbey Mills, which were perfect for holding the training course.
The course instructor Amanda, was very knowledgeable and delivered the 2 day course well. The course itself was informative, it helped increase awareness of mental health, the importance of having positive mental health, and the difficulties people can experience when they have poor mental health.
Having completed the course, I’m now better equipped to spot poor mental health and know how best to approach and support this in the workplace.
The MHFA Two Day course is superb
The MHFA Two Day course is superb. Loates trainer Amanda delivered the course in a relaxed and enjoyable manner, engaging everybody and making difficult subjects very easy to discuss and learn about. The practical exercises were actually fun but with a serious point, the Hearing Voices one really brought home to me how some people suffer. The course covers depression and anxiety, suicide, psychosis and gives you a framework to use to help people. The course book is huge, well produced and contains more detailed information than you need for the course, you take it away and dip in it at your leisure. Loates training rooms allowed for small group work and large discussions with large screen and good sound.
This course opened my eyes to what people go through, and that many people are affected. Everyone was open which added to the learning atmosphere. I recommend this course to everyone, all levels and all roles. The more we talk, the stronger we all are.
Upcoming Open Courses
We can also deliver this course on-demand should you wish us to run a session reserved entirely for your company. For such dedicated sessions we offer flexible delivery location, minor content customisation, and discounted delegate rates. Alternatively we can combine content from this course with that from others to create a hybrid course, or design an entirely bespoke course to suit the needs of your company. We can also provide programmes of multiple courses. Please contact us if you'd like to discuss any of these options.