Managing in today’s business environment requires key skills and behaviours to achieve success. In this course, you will gain the management skills and competencies relevant for today’s challenges. Learn to lead, motivate and empower, facilitate effective communication, and delegate to individuals and teams. This highly practical course will look at everyday situations so you can easily apply the knowledge and skills back in the workplace.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the line management role and responsibilities
- Recognise the qualities and strengths you have as a line manager
- Be able to delegate and set expectations for your staff
- Develop your own personal coaching style
- Motivate, manage and lead your team and individuals to meet objectives.
- Understand how to give effective feedback and manage performance
- Set and reach both personal and team objectives using delegation and time management skills.
- Recognise different styles within your team and how to manage them
- Deal more effectively and confidently with difficult behaviours and situations
- Understand how to defuse conflict situations
This course will include the following:
- Defining your role and responsibilities
- Set personal and team objectives considering the business / balanced scorecard
- Recognise strengths and develop individuals' potential
- Delegation and time management
- The process of delegation and its benefits
- Motivating the team
- Provide recognition and feedback
- Link individual effort to team and organisational goals
- Effective communication
- Deal with difficult people and situations – working towards positive conclusions
We will provide you with our bang-up-to-date template pack. Prepared by the experts from Loates HR Training & Loates HR Consultancy, these fully editable Microsoft Office documents will save you hours of research and typing pain once you return to your workplace:
- Courageous conversations structure
Upcoming Open Courses
We don’t currently have any public open sessions scheduled for this course, so please contact us to discuss bespoke options.
We can also deliver this course on-demand should you wish us to run a session reserved entirely for your company. For such dedicated sessions we offer flexible delivery location, minor content customisation, and discounted delegate rates. Alternatively we can combine content from this course with that from others to create a hybrid course, or design an entirely bespoke course to suit the needs of your company. We can also provide programmes of multiple courses. Please contact us if you'd like to discuss any of these options.