With 1 in 4 of the UK workforce having been diagnosed with a mental health condition it’s important workplaces are safe and supportive environments. Our half day course will provide you with an introduction to the topic of mental health, how to spot the symptoms and effects, and how to minimise them.
This course is ideal for managers who want an introduction into the topic to identify what they need to do to actively promote a culture of wellbeing for the benefit of all.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the factors that can affect mental health and wellbeing
- Spot the triggers and signs of a range of mental health issues
- Confidently step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Help signpost someone to further support
- Plan some basic steps to actively promote wellbeing in your workplace
This course will include the following:
- A basic understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect people’s wellbeing, including your own
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to appropriate support
- Simple wellbeing strategies within the workplace
- Wellbeing policy - what should be in it?
We will provide you with our bang-up-to-date template pack. Prepared by the experts from Loates HR Training & Loates HR Consultancy, these fully editable Microsoft Office documents will save you hours of research and typing pain once you return to your workplace:
- Promoting wellbeing in the workplace hints and tips
- Wellbeing Policy
Upcoming Open Courses
We can also deliver this course on-demand should you wish us to run a session reserved entirely for your company. For such dedicated sessions we offer flexible delivery location, minor content customisation, and discounted delegate rates. Alternatively we can combine content from this course with that from others to create a hybrid course, or design an entirely bespoke course to suit the needs of your company. We can also provide programmes of multiple courses. Please contact us if you'd like to discuss any of these options.