This is a practical course which will help build your confidence in the world of employment law, legal rights and your responsibilities as a manager.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify the HR role and responsibilities of managers
- Develop a clear understanding of the current employment legislation and the protected characteristics.
- Recruit the right person for the job using a structured recruitment process
- Understand how to manage absences effectively.
- Handle and resolve grievances positively
- Know the difference between conduct and capability
- Recognise the steps to take during a disciplinary procedure
- List the 5 permitted reasons for dismissal
- Have the difficult conversations by following a structure
- Identify the do’s and don’ts of a probationary period
This course will include the following:
- The scope and depth of the line manager's employment law, legal rights and HR duties
- Understanding discrimination - positive, direct and indirect, associative and perceptive including the definition of victimisation and harassment
- An overview of the recruitment process
- Implementing practical solutions to deal with absence issues
- How to handle and resolve grievances positively
- Discipline procedures - identifying when and where action is necessary
- Using a structure to handle the difficult conversations
- The use of probationary periods
- Different ways to end a contract and rules on notice and notice pay
We will provide you with our bang-up-to-date template pack. Prepared by the experts from Loates HR Training & Loates HR Consultancy, these fully editable Microsoft Office documents will save you hours of research and typing pain once you return to your workplace:
- Substance misuse policy
- Social media policy
- Capability and absence policy
- Letters to deal with an employee who is absent without leave
Don’t just take our word for it, see what previous delegates had to say about this course:
Informative and interesting course
Sarah provided training to a group of line managers in our business with the aim of giving them more confidence in dealing with everyday situations which they come up against. Sarah delivered the training in an informative and interesting way and engaged the managers which made the day go by in a flash. Sarah was also very flexible with timings in order to accommodate the different shifts. I would recommend Loates HR Training to any business.
Putting the Fun in Fundamentals
Brilliant workshop learning about various Human Resources policies and the importance of having them, even in small businesses. It was very interesting from start to finish and educational without being boring. Would highly recommend this workshop.
Enscite asked Sarah to run a workshop on important HR policies required for Small Businesses so that our clients are better equipped to understand some of the HR requirements in relation to this. The session was really well run and both engaging and informative so that our clients went away with better knowledge and having enjoyed their learning experience.
Great job Sarah!
Quality HR Training !!
I arrived at training centre feeling a bit apprehensive but was trained by a HR Jedi giving me a boost in confidence and greater understanding of HR practices, The training consisted of Case studies past experiences and example activities.
I found this course very helpful for my day to day duties within my role, it gave me a better understanding of how to approach and deal with any difficult issues which may arise in the workplace and has given me the confidence to handle them efficiently and proactively.
Sarah Loates (the course trainer) was very engaging and I felt tailored the course to my needs I was given the opportunity to ask questions, share experiences and go over sections that I felt I needed more training on, Sarah at all times remained her very bubbly self which gave me the opportunity to gain the maximum from this course.
I would definitely recommend this training as I believe this to be beneficial to any line manager. I would certainly recommend Loates HR Training to others.
Thank you for your patience and sound advice 🙂
Upcoming Open Courses
- Wednesday 3rd June, 2020HR Essentials for Front Line Managers
We can also deliver this course on-demand should you wish us to run a session reserved entirely for your company. For such dedicated sessions we offer flexible delivery location, minor content customisation, and discounted delegate rates. Alternatively we can combine content from this course with that from others to create a hybrid course, or design an entirely bespoke course to suit the needs of your company. We can also provide programmes of multiple courses. Please contact us if you'd like to discuss any of these options.