Giving feedback can be a daunting prospect so having a simple structure to follow can help. This practical course which will give you the opportunity to practise giving and receiving feedback in the workplace.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Define feedback and when it should be used
- Give both positive and constructive feedback to others
- Use effective questioning and listening skills during feedback meetings
- Identify behaviours rather than judgements
- Build rapport and empathy in feedback situations
- Set objectives that elicit action
- Use your body language to help build rapport
- Deal with difficult situations
This course includes the following:
- What is effective feedback?
- Constructive feedback to develop individuals
- Preparing for the feedback meeting
- Receiving feedback to develop
- Setting SMART objectives to ensure action
- Questioning to gather information
- How you can use body language to build rapport
- Helping the receiver give their own feedback
- Overcoming resistance, denial and aggression when giving feedback
We will provide you with our bang-up-to-date template pack. Prepared by the experts from Loates HR Training & Loates HR Consultancy, these fully editable Microsoft Office documents will save you hours of research and typing pain once you return to your workplace:
- Feedback model
- Difficult conversations structure
Upcoming Open Courses
We don’t currently have any public open sessions scheduled for this course, so please contact us to discuss bespoke options.
We can also deliver this course on-demand should you wish us to run a session reserved entirely for your company. For such dedicated sessions we offer flexible delivery location, minor content customisation, and discounted delegate rates. Alternatively we can combine content from this course with that from others to create a hybrid course, or design an entirely bespoke course to suit the needs of your company. We can also provide programmes of multiple courses. Please contact us if you'd like to discuss any of these options.