- This event has passed.
Resolving Disputes in the Workplace
Tuesday 30th May , 09:30 – 16:30
Attendance at this workshop is limited to SMEs based in Derbyshire or Nottinghamshire
There are a variety of ways of resolving conflict in the workplace. Ranging from where the individuals in conflict discuss the issue, or the line manager or HR will try to facilitate or broker a meeting to ‘clear the air’, to a full mediation usually undertaken by an external independent mediator.
During this session, we will look at the different approaches to resolving conflict in the workplace, and the skills required to facilitate a conversation between two individuals in conflict.
SME business owners, or anyone who manages employees or has responsibility for HR in their workplace
Please note that this workshop is open to trading SMEs based in Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire. Businesses located outside of this area will be unable to attend and instead directed to alternative support.
What will we cover?
- Why does conflict arise and how to prevent it
- How to resolve conflict with confidence
- Mediation, what is it and when is it appropriate for the workplace?
- How the principles of mediation can be applied to facilitated conversations in the workplace
- Applying mediation skills to facilitated conversations
What outcomes can you expect?
- The confidence to ‘nip issues in the bud’ and stop employee relations issues from escalating
- A happy and harmonious workplace, where conflict is proactively managed
- Sharing best practice HR and HR experiences from within your industry/ workplace
Sarah is a highly qualified and experienced CIPD-accredited HR consultant, and founding director of Loates HR Consultancy.