How to Support Employees Through Menopause
Thursday 30th March , 10:00 – 12:00
There are now almost 4 million women aged 45-55 in work in the UK and with the average age of menopause at 51, this means organisations have a great opportunity to provide understanding and support to a key part of their workforce. By providing awareness training, reasonable adjustments and menopause-friendly workplaces, organisations will not only reduce the stigma but more importantly keep experienced staff within the workplace. The CIPD found that almost a million women have left their job because of menopausal symptoms, and others are forced to take long-term absence to manage symptoms.
Awareness seems to be increasing but there is still a long way to go for menopause to be treated within the workplace in the same way as other health conditions. This webinar will help business owners and line managers understand more about this important topic so that they can provide the appropriate care and support to their workforce.
This webinar will include the following:
- Understand what menopause and perimenopause are and the common symptoms
- The impact of menopause on people’s mental health
- Why supporting people through the menopause in the workplace matters
- How menopause can affect productivity in the workplace
- Supporting employees through the menopause
- Reasonable workplace adjustments
- Workplace policies
As this session is a webinar, delegate mics and cameras will be off so you can rest assured, we won’t see you in your ‘comfy’ hoodie working from home or hear your colleague in the background! However, to get the best experience we kindly ask that delegates;
- Join the session on time and stay until the end
- Join on a laptop, computer, or tablet with a big enough screen to see content on slides
- Have a notepad and pen to note down those ‘aha’ moments and ideas
- Use the chat function to introduce themselves and interact with the content
- Eliminate any distractions – pet snuggles aside!
If webinars aren’t your thing and you would prefer more on camera or face-to-face interaction, then have a look at our on-demand health and wellbeing training modules. These provide more in-depth learning on each topic.
We will provide you with a PDF of the webinar slides, copies of the conversation tools and Annie’s book recommendations during the session!
Annie is a CIPD accredited learning and development specialist, and an MHFA England accredited mental health first aid instructor.