How to be a Manager!
Tuesday 4th October , 10:00 – 12:00
Have you recently been promoted to a management position? Are you unsure where to start and find yourself gravitating back to the tasks of your old job? Are you unclear about how to interact and actually ‘manage’ your team? Do you want some guidance to do the best you can in your new role?
Starting your new role as a manager can be daunting, with not only your boss to keep happy but also your employees! Well fear not, this webinar will help set you on the right path. We will introduce to our top tips to get you started and focusing on the right things.
Learn how to build trust, communicate, deal with poor performance along with how to manage your own stress and the benefits of having a mentor to guide you. You will leave with a plan of practical actions to aid you as you start your management journey.
By the end of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Understand the management role and responsibilities
- Step up from mate to manager
- Recognise the qualities and strengths you have as a line manager
- Be able to delegate and set expectations for your staff
- Understand how to give effective feedback and manage performance
- Deal more effectively and confidently with difficult behaviours and situations
- Understand how to manage your own stress
This course will include the following:
- The benefits of mentorship
- How to be a servant leader
- Build your support team
- Communicate, communicate, and communicate
- Build and maintain trust
- Effective 1-1s
- Dealing with poor performance
- Managing your own stress
As this session is a webinar, delegate mics and cameras will be off so you can rest assured, we won’t see you in your ‘comfy’ hoodie working from home or hear your colleagues in the background! However, to get the best experience we kindly ask that delegates;
- Join the session on time and stay until the end
- Join on a laptop, computer, or tablet with a big enough screen to see content on slides
- Have a notepad and pen to note down those ‘aha’ moments and ideas
- Use the chat function to introduce themselves and interact with the content
- Eliminate any distractions – pet snuggles aside!
If webinars aren’t your thing and you would prefer more on camera or face-to-face interaction, then have a look at our on-demand management development training modules. These provide more in-depth learning on each topic.
We will provide you with a PDF of the webinar slides, copies of relevant handouts and Annie’s book recommendations during the session!
Annie is a CIPD accredited learning and development specialist, and an MHFA England accredited mental health first aid instructor.