Managing Bullying and Harassment in the Workplace
Tuesday 19th May, 09:00 - 16:00£149 – £249
Bullying and harassment is an increasingly common workplace grievance. Aside from the stress and anxiety, ACAS recently reported that the UK economy-wide impact of bullying-related absenteeism, turnover and lost productivity was estimated at £13.75 billion. This course will guide you on how to deal with bullying and harassment in the workplace, and the role of grievance procedures in resolving workplace disputes.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify how harassment and bullying are defined
- Recognise the many forms covert and overt harassment and bullying can take at work
- Identify how the law deals with incidents of harassment and bullying and the responsibilities of the organisation and persons involved
- Use the organisation's grievance procedures effectively to offer support and/or resolve workplace disputes
- Identify ways you can make you workplace free from harassment and bullying
This course will include the following:
- How harassment and bullying is defined
- How to effectively manage complaints of bullying and harassment informally and formally
- Managing emotions in cases of bullying and harassment
- Handling the process when an allegation of bullying or harassment is made
- The difference between bullying and harassment
- The legal position and the employer’s duty of care
- What constitutes inappropriate workplace behaviours
We will provide you with our bang-up-to-date template pack. Prepared by the experts from Loates HR Training & Loates HR Consultancy, these fully editable Microsoft Office documents will save you hours of research and typing pain once you return to your workplace:
- Bullying and harassment policy
- Grievance policy
- Witness statement template
- Agenda for conducting a grievance hearing
- Grievance outcome letter template
Upcoming Open Courses
- Tuesday 19th May, 2020Managing Bullying and Harassment in the Workplace
We can also deliver this course on-demand should you wish us to run a session reserved entirely for your company. For such dedicated sessions we offer flexible delivery location, minor content customisation, and discounted delegate rates. Alternatively we can combine content from this course with that from others to create a hybrid course, or design an entirely bespoke course to suit the needs of your company. We can also provide programmes of multiple courses. Please contact us if you'd like to discuss any of these options.
INCLUDES breakfast/lunch & refreshments
We’ve got some great local catering establishments nearby, so breakfast (half day courses) or lunch (full day courses) is included in your course fee. And there will be tea, coffee, and cold drinks available on tap throughout the day. We’ll do everything we can to accommodate any particular dietary or other requirements, so please let us know of these in advance.
INCLUDES no-quibble money-back guarantee
We’re so confident about the quality of our courses, and the business value that they provide, that we offer a no-quibble money-back guarantee. If you don’t think the training was worth it, we’ll give you your money back. No fuss, no debates, no arguments. Just ask. Simple as that.
Additional post-course HR support available
On your return to the workplace, we’ll help you become confident in using your training to solve real world problems by providing you with a support hotline so that you have a sounding board to check your thinking until you’re fully up to speed. A whole team of experienced and qualified HR consultants from Loates HR Consultancy will be on-hand to help you put what you've learned into practice.
- Our GDPR courses include one hour of implementation support within the standard fee
- Our other courses include two hours of email or phone support within the ‘course + support’ fee, valid for up to 6 months after your training
- Additional HR support is available on a flexible pay-as-you-go basis
Highly experienced trainer
Our HR & employment law courses are designed and delivered by Sarah Loates, founder and lead trainer of Loates HR Training, founder of 5-star rated HR consultancy Loates HR Consultancy, and a practising senior HR consultant with over 20 years of experience across a wide range of company types and industry sectors. Sarah's considerable personal hands-on HR expertise allows her to adopt a practical and business-focussed approach within her training. As a result, she is able to bring theory to life with numerous interesting real-world examples, and show you the best ways to effectively deal with the types of tricky HR and employment law issues that you're actually likely to face in practice. And since Sarah is a current CIPD trainer, and has also taught at several local universities, she knows how to deliver engaging courses that fully involve participants through practical exercises, case studies, and Q&A sessions. No ‘death by PowerPoint’ here.
This course is delivered by
- Loates HR Training
- Darley Abbey Mills
- 01332 460 890
- Loates HR Training
- 01332 460 890