A Practical Guide to Managing Absence
Wednesday 3rd May , 09:30 – 12:30
Estimated to annually cost businesses £554.00 per employee, absence is a cost to the business. Post-pandemic line managers are increasingly having to deal with more complex cases. This course covers practical aspects of managing absence and deals with some of the more complex scenarios involving absences related long-term absences.
This course will include the following:
- What your policies should cover and processes to support line managers
- What a statement of fitness for work is and what the employer can and can’t do
- How to communicate with and respond to staff who are absent from work
- Access to medical records and how make a request
- How to achieve focussed medical reports including what to ask the medical professionals
- How to deal with stress, anxiety and depression related absences
- How to manage disability related absences and consider reasonable adjustments
We love a good natter and love to gather opinions from our delegates on our courses. Our style is to facilitate rather than to tell. To do this online we therefore like to have everyone on camera and the mics on when needed to be able to hear what everyone has to say. At the end of the day, its your course not ours!
In our experience, for a truly interactive workshop the numbers are best kept to below 12 and ideally between 8 and 10 delegates. This allows for everyone to feel like they have the opportunity to have a say and to enable the content to be worked through in the time allowed.
We like to bring a high level of interactivity to our sessions and include the use of discussions, exercises, quizzes, polls, break out rooms, whiteboards, and annotation. Just like our face-to-face sessions we want to ensure the activities are varied and deliver the content in the best possible way. The sessions will vary between group work, small break out sessions and individual work.
If you are looking for something other than an online workshop, then have a look at our on-demand management development training modules. These provide more in-depth learning on each topic.
We will provide you with a PDF of the workshop slides, copies of relevant handouts and any book recommendations during the session!
Sarah is a highly qualified and experienced CIPD-accredited HR consultant, and founding director of Loates HR Consultancy.