Dealing with difficult people or situations can be the most challenging aspect owners and managers need to handle. Often these are put in the ‘too hard to do pile’ and managers may put off the conversations they know they need to have. Following a simple step-by-step process to have these courageous conversations can help cut off any issues before they develop and ensure a win/win mentality.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify situations where a courageous conversation may need to take place and the possible result if you ignore it
- Describe the different preferences people have when dealing with conflict
- Use the step-by-step process to hold an effective courageous conversation
- Give feedback that is based on behaviours and not judgements
- Use active listening techniques to develop a win/win scenario
This course will include the following:
- Identifying areas where courageous conversations can arise
- Conflict styles
- Active listening techniques including effective questioning
- How to give feedback in a constructive way
- How to defuse emotions
- The Emotional Bank Account
- How to develop people through coaching
We will provide you with our bang-up-to-date template pack. Prepared by the experts from Loates HR Training & Loates HR Consultancy, these fully editable Microsoft Office documents will save you hours of research and typing pain once you return to your workplace:
- Courageous conversations structure
Upcoming Open Courses
We don’t currently have any public open sessions scheduled for this course, so please contact us to discuss bespoke options.
We can also deliver this course on-demand should you wish us to run a session reserved entirely for your company. For such dedicated sessions we offer flexible delivery location, minor content customisation, and discounted delegate rates. Alternatively we can combine content from this course with that from others to create a hybrid course, or design an entirely bespoke course to suit the needs of your company. We can also provide programmes of multiple courses. Please contact us if you'd like to discuss any of these options.