From only £149 : Full day of training, including lunch, template document pack, and optional post-course HR support
Many situations in the workplace can give rise to an investigation. The investigating manager’s role is vital not only to decide if formal action may be appropriate but also a poor investigation can leave employers vulnerable to a claim for unfair dismissal. In an area where managers often feel underprepared and inexperienced, this workshop will leave you feeling confident for when the time comes to undertake a comprehensive, legal and fair investigation.
Open course dates
Company specific courses
We can also deliver this course on-demand should you wish us to run a session reserved entirely for your company. For such dedicated sessions we offer flexible delivery location, minor content customisation, and discounted delegate rates. Alternatively we can combine content from this course with that from others to create a hybrid course, or design an entirely bespoke course to suit the needs of your company. We can also provide programmes of multiple courses. Please contact us if you'd like to discuss any of these options.
We will discuss:
- How to decide when an internal investigation is necessary and what it should consist of
- How to decide who should conduct an investigation
- How to produce an investigation plan and manage the investigation process
- The role of suspension and investigations
- Listening and questioning skills to use during an investigation
- How to manage difficult witnesses and maintain confidentiality
- How to produce an investigation report and present findings
- How to ensure that the information you record and retain is appropriate in the event of an Employment Tribunal
In this workshop we will complete a mock case study investigation where you will interview witnesses as part of a disciplinary investigation.
INCLUDES document template pack
Slash the time taken by your everyday HR tasks and guard against the risk of poorly drafted documents by using our bang-up-to-date template pack. Prepared by the experts from Loates HR Consultancy, these fully editable Word document files will save you hours of research and typing pain.
- Investigation report template
- Witness statement template
- Agenda for conducting an investigation meeting
- Invitation to a disciplinary hearing following an investigation