- It’s OK, not to be OK.by Annie Litchfield on Monday 6th April, 2020
At present, for a lot of us, our basic needs are not being met. The basic need for safety is being tested with the threat of the coronavirus all around us. Anxiety levels are high just when going to the supermarket. We don’t feel safe even leaving the house.
- How are your stress levels at the moment?by Annie Litchfield on Friday 3rd April, 2020
With so many of us now at home, managers have a responsibility to look after their team’s wellbeing more than ever. These are stressful times. We not only have to get used to the isolation of being at home but also have the anxiety about the reason for the isolation: the coronavirus.
- What’s your bounce-back-ability like?by Annie Litchfield on Sunday 29th March, 2020
Resilience is a key skill within both our personal and work lives. MIND state that resilience is being able to deal with pressure and reduce the impact that stress has on your life. It’s not just your ability to bounce back but also your capacity to adapt in the face of challenging circumstances.
- How do you anchor yourself?by Annie Litchfield on Thursday 26th March, 2020
In a way ‘normal’ life seems so frivolous, so unimportant. Yet it’s the pieces of our normal lives that should steady us. They should be the anchor that holds us in place. Even work feels somehow irrelevant. So much of normal life has changed: no socialising with friends and family, no going to work or school for a lot of people, no going about our daily lives as usual.
- How’s your day going?by Annie Litchfield on Monday 23rd March, 2020
I’m a chronic migraine sufferer and I have my own ways to ensure it minimally affects my work. I can generally manage to keep it together until I get home and collapse in bed!
- Annie – Are you OK? A review of our two day Mental Health First Aider programmeby Annie Litchfield on Monday 16th March, 2020
A drizzly March Tuesday morning and 9 delegates descend on the Loates office in Darley Abbey Mills. With lashings of tea and coffee and a stack of choccy biccies we are warmly greeted by our trainer, Amanda. Ahead of us is a 2-day course to qualify us as all as Mental Health First Aiders.
- Menopause – Opening up the dialogueby Annie Litchfield on Thursday 5th March, 2020
Menopause is not just a female issue, it's an organisational issue. All managers need to know about it and how they can support their staff. Awareness on this topic is fundamental and reducing the stigma attached to it is vital so that more people will talk openly about it.
- Here’s why you should support your team’s wellbeingby Annie Litchfield on Thursday 13th February, 2020
Mind highlights 'Organisations rely on having a healthy and productive workforce, and it makes no sense for employers to ignore the wellbeing of their staff. Mental health problems like anxiety, depression and unmanageable stress affect one in six British workers each year. They can affect anyone in any industry.'