- How are your stress levels at the moment?by Annie Litchfield on Friday 3rd April, 2020
With so many of us now at home, managers have a responsibility to look after their team’s wellbeing more than ever. These are stressful times. We not only have to get used to the isolation of being at home but also have the anxiety about the reason for the isolation: the coronavirus.
- What’s your bounce-back-ability like?by Annie Litchfield on Sunday 29th March, 2020
Resilience is a key skill within both our personal and work lives. MIND state that resilience is being able to deal with pressure and reduce the impact that stress has on your life. It’s not just your ability to bounce back but also your capacity to adapt in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Managing your team in a virtual worldby Annie Litchfield on Friday 27th March, 2020
As humans we all have a need for belonging, identifying with a group, pursuing purposeful goals and objectives, and developing a sense of bonding. These are important to overcome social isolation, alienation and disconnection. So, working remotely sets us a challenge to be able to maintain that sense of belonging and purpose.
- How do you anchor yourself?by Annie Litchfield on Thursday 26th March, 2020
In a way ‘normal’ life seems so frivolous, so unimportant. Yet it’s the pieces of our normal lives that should steady us. They should be the anchor that holds us in place. Even work feels somehow irrelevant. So much of normal life has changed: no socialising with friends and family, no going to work or school for a lot of people, no going about our daily lives as usual.
- How organised are your kitchen cupboards?by Annie Litchfield on Thursday 19th March, 2020
I have been musing over the extra time at home and possible extra working hours where the interruptions, calls, office chats etc don’t take place. This could mean therefore that we all have a bit more quadrant 2 time to plan and prepare. Awesome! Or, it could mean we all get too distracted and end up watching Holly and Phil on This Morning! Let’s hope it’s the former.
- Are you ready to work from home?by Annie Litchfield on Friday 13th March, 2020
With the prospects of more and more of us having to work from home due to the actions taken to delay the spread of the coronavirus, following some simple tips can help make your time at home the most productive for you and your job.
- Coronavirus absence tipsby Annie Litchfield on Monday 9th March, 2020
With the recent outbreak of the coronavirus I’ve noticed that there seems to be two types of people: the catastrophisers and the minimizers. Those that are dashing to the shops to buy up all the hand sanitizer, soap and bleach and the others that are simply just getting on with normal life and aren’t worried one little bit until it comes knocking on their door. Which camp do you sit in?
- Coronavirus Employer Guidance (Last updated 27th March 2020)by Sarah Loates on Monday 2nd March, 2020
Coronavirus employer guidance